A savoury and satisfying alternative for individuals seeking a protein -rich supper is Chipotle’s Pollo Asado. The dish is made up of marinated, grilled chicken that has been spiced with cumin, oregano, and garlic.
Warm corn tortillas, fresh salsa, and various toppings including cheese, sour cream, and avocado are usually included in the serving. Because it can be ordered as a salad or in a bowl, the meal is a perfect alternative for people seeking for a low -carb or gluten-free option.
As chicken is a lean protein source that is also low in fat, the dish is also a wonderful choice for people who want a meal that is full of protein. For anyone seeking a savoury and wholesome supper, Chipotle’s Pollo Asado. is a delightful and gratifying option.
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 How to Make Pollo Asado
- 3 Pan Seared Chipotle Pollo Asado
- 4 Tips for the Best Pollo Asado
- 5 NUTRITION
- 6 Chipotle Pollo Asado – Video
- 7 Chipotle Contact Information
- 8 FAQs – Chipotle Pollo Asado
➥ Onion – the best part about this marinade is you barley have to prep the ingredients. The onion needs to be peeled, sliced into quarters, then combined with the other ingredients in a food processor or blender.
➥ Garlic – The marinade for this chicken contains a lot of fresh garlic,which gives it its distinctive garlic flavour.
➥ Orange Juice and Lime Juice –The marinade has adistinct citrus flavour from theorange &lime juices that blends well with the smoky chipotle chiles in adobo.
➥ Cilantro (not pictured) – This gives the marinade a freshness,but you may skip it if you’re not a lover of cilantro.
➥ Chipotle Peppers in Adobo – A kitchen weapon of choice! Add some chipotle peppers in adobo to a marinade if you want to IMMEDIATELY boost the taste.They taste richly smokey &somewhat spicy.They give the marinade a lovely reddish -orange hue as well..
➥ Smoked Paprika – I adore smoked paprika because it gives food an instant smoky flavour without having to grill or barbecue it. This is ideal for marinades that you can use all year long because you can pan fry or air fry the chicken and still get the same grilled flavour.
➥ Oregano – I suggest using Mexican oregano if you can locate it.Although any sort of dried oregano will work well, it has a deeper,earthier flavour.
➥ Cumin – A deep, earthy spice called cumin is frequently used in Mexican cuisine.
How to Make Pollo Asado
- Add all of the marinade ingredients to a blender,food processor,or a large bowl to purée with a handheld immersion blender.Blend the ingredients until evenly combined &the sauce is smooth.
- Chicken thighs should be combined with the marinade in a big, airtight container or Ziploc bag. Mix until the marinade is uniformly distributed over the chicken.
- Put in the refrigerator and marinate for up to 24 hours (marinating overnight is optional but not required).
➥ Set the grill to 350° to 400°F. Apply olive oil to the grill.
➥ The chicken should be grilled for 15 to 30 minutes,flipping once, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Pan Seared Chipotle Pollo Asado
- Heat a skillet or grill pan on medium-high heat with olive oil.
- When hot, add the chicken along with all of the sauce/marinade. Searing the chicken in all of the sauce will keep it from drying out.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once the chicken has cooked, drizzle the leftover sauce from the pan over the cooked chicken. This enhances flavor and keeps the chicken juicy.
- While the chicken is searing, if you notice the sauce is starting to dry out in the skillet add a splash of water.
Air Fryer Chipotle Pollo Asado
- Coat the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the chicken at 400°F for 8 minutes. Open the air fryer &flip the chicken.
- Cook for an additional 6 -7 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Tips for the Best Pollo Asado
Chicken – the pollo asado marinade keeps the chicken moist but to ensure the most tender and moist chicken use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Thighs are fattier than chicken breast so they stay moist while cooking. If you plan on having left overs or meal prepping the chicken I recommend using chicken thighs to avoid the meat drying out when reheating.
Marinade – the marinade is so flavorful that you can get away with a short marinating time but I would recommend at least letting the chicken marinate for 30 minutes. If you have the time, plan ahead and let the chicken marinate overnight. The chicken will be more flavorful and will stay moist thanks to the lime and orange juice.
Cooking Method – to get the best flavor grilling the chicken is ideal.The marinade chars up perfectly and gets a nice smoky flavor.However,for a year round recipe the chicken is delicious pan fried or air fried.
Prep Time – save time on prep by marinating the chicken 1 day in advance and leaving it to marinate in the fridge overnight. You can also prep a double batch and freeze one batch of marinated chicken for future use!
Freezing: Freeze uncooked marinated pollo asado in a freezer safe container or Ziploc bag for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and then continue with your preferred cooking method (grilled, pan fried or air fried).
Freeze cooked pollo asado in a freezer safe container or Ziploc bag for up to 6 months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat for 2 minutes in the microwave or in a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil for 2 minutes on each side.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monoun Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0.04 g|
|Vitamin A||2006 IU|
|Vitamin C||10 mg|
How To Store And Reheat
- If reheating in the microwave, add an ice cube or about one tablespoon of water to the chicken in a microwave safe plate or bowl. This will help to keep the chicken moist while it heats. (Something my Grandad did, this trick works wonders for reheating rice too)
- Reheat in the oven by baking in a covered dish (also adding an ice cube or two or water) at 350 for 10-15 minutes!
- Pollo asado marinade can last as is for 5-7 days in the fridge. If you want to prepare the marinade ahead of time and freeze, you can certainly do that too.
- If freezing the marinade, store in a freezer safe Ziploc bag. With chicken the marinated pollo asado will last up to three months.
Chipotle Pollo Asado – Video
Chipotle Contact Information
Chipotle’s head office address: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., 1401 Wynkoop St Suite 500, Denver, Colorado 80202, United States
Chipotle’s head office contact number: +1-303-595-4000
Chipotle Mexican Grill Headquarters Fax Number: +1-302-674-5266
Chipotle’s customer service number: +1-303-595-4000
- Facebook Page: facebook.com/chipotle
- Instagram Account: instagram.com/chipotle
- Twitter Handle: twitter.com/chipotletweets
|News & Events||newsroom.chipotle.com|
|App||Google Play and App Store|
FAQs – Chipotle Pollo Asado
How to freeze pollo asado?
Uncooked marinated pollo asado can be frozen for up to 6 months in a freezer-safe container or Ziploc bag. After spending the night in the refrigerator to thaw, continue cooking as usual (grilled, pan fried or air fried).
For up to 6 months, you can store cooked pollo asado in a Ziploc bag or freezer-safe container. To reheat, defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then rewarm for 2 minutes in the microwave or for 2 minutes on each side in a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil.
What cut of meat is pollo asado?
You can use any cut of chicken – boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast, bone in chicken thighs or chicken breast, chicken drumsticks, or chicken wings.
How to reheat pollo asado?
Reheat the chicken for two minutes in the microwave with a splash of water,or for two to three minutes per side on the stovetop in a frying pan over medium -high heat.
What is the pollo asado from Chipotle?
Mexican cuisine’s national meal is grilled chicken, or pollo asado. Chicken and grilled are both translated from the Spanish words “pollo” and “asado.” Pollo asado is simply chicken that has been grilled, but it’s much more complicated than that!
What is the difference between chicken and pollo asado at Chipotle?
The pollo asado is seasoned with a mixture of spices and grilled on the flat top, just like the original chicken. Then, in contrast to the norm, it receives a marinade, along with lime juice and cilantro. This results in a flavour that is heavily based on cilantro and citrus up front.
Check out this article which includes complete information about Chipotle Pollo Asado
For more information about Chipotle visit their chipotle.com.
If you want to get Chipotle Pollo Asado Other information then visit our website chipotlemenuprices.info.