We’ve attempted to make homemade versions of Chipotle menu items before, and we most certainly won’t stop now.
It seemed only right to provide a recipe for their Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa after successfully recreating their renowned marinated and grilled Chipotle chicken, Chipotle guacamole, and secret Chipotle honey vinaigrette (known colloquially as Chipotle corn salsa).
You can easily prepare your own chicken salad, tacos, or burrito in the style of Chipotle at home using this trio of customer favourites from the restaurant. Yay!
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Corn Salsa – Chipotle’s Official Recipe
- 3 What to serve with this salsa
- 4 Nutrition
- 5 Chipotle Corn Salsa – Video
- 6 FAQs – Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
- Corn– On their website, Chipotle claims to utilise white sweet corn, however you can also use white or yellow corn. Although I prefer using fresh corn in the summer, you can make this dish any time of year by substituting frozen or canned corn.
- Red onion– adds color and zesty flavor. You can substitute white or yellow onion.
- Jalapeño pepper– This salsa has a mild heat level thanks to the jalapenos. Poblano peppers are listed as an ingredient on the Chipotle website, despite the TikTok video only using jalapeo peppers. You may also add a roasted poblano pepper to this dish to give it a little smokey taste.
- Cilantro– adds a bright, herbaceous kick to this salsa
- Lime juice– increases the salsa’s acidity. The Chipotle website lists both lemon and lime juice, despite the TikTok video only listing lime juice as an ingredient. You can use one juice or a 50:50 combination of the two.]
- Salt– I use kosher salt to bring out all the flavors
Corn Salsa – Chipotle’s Official Recipe
Step 1: Salt the corn
Mix the corn kernels with 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Editors Tip: If you’re using frozen corn try to drain and squeeze out as much extra water as you can before you salt it.
Step 2: Mix
In a separate small bowl, stir together the red onion, jalapeno, cilantro Y& lime juice.
Step 3: Combine
Add the onion -jalapeno mixture to the salted corn and toss it together. Season with additional salt and lime juice to taste.
Step 4: Chill
Put the salsa in the fridge and cover it with plastic wrap. Give the salsa at least an hour to cool down before serving.
Editor’s Tip: If you don’t have much time you can serve the salsa as soon as you mix the ingredients. But when we tried it we thought the flavors went well together after being in the fridge for a while.
What to serve with this salsa
This straightforward and savoury Chipotle Corn Salsa is great with chips or on top of tacos, burrito bowls, salads, and quesadillas, among other dishes. You may also serve it with my delectable Game Day Guacamole.
It tastes fantastic over grilled steak, chicken, pig, or fish in the summer. Even right out of the bowl, it tastes good!
To ensure you have leftovers for the following day, you might wish to double the recipe. It becomes better the longer it sits!\
What else can you add to copycat Chipotle corn salsa?
Making and distributing copycat recipes from restaurants lets everyone personalise the dish, which is one of our favourite aspects of doing so. It’s no different with this Chipotle corn salsa recipe. You can be creative with it because it is adaptable. Consider one of these other inventive corn dishes for ideas.
Online rumours suggest that Chipotle uses diced roasted poblano chiles and lemon juice in their sauce. We chose to exclude them from our recipe and thought the finished salsa tasted remarkably similar to the dish we purchased from our neighbourhood Chipotle. But by all means, add some lemon and roasted poblanos if you find them appetising!
Another great method to improve this imitation recipe is to roast fresh corn on your grill or in the oven before adding it to the salsa. This will give each bite an extra layer of mouthwatering fire-roasted flavour.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||118 IU|
|Vitamin C||23 mg|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.3 g|
Can you make copycat Chipotle corn salsa ahead of time?
As previously said, to allow the flavors to meld, we advise chilling the salsa for at least an hour before serving.
After the initial cooling, Chipotle corn salsa can be stored for two to three days in the fridge. Furthermore, you may keep corn salsa frozen for three months (especially if you use these freezer storage tips).
Before serving, let the food thaw overnight in the fridge. Before serving, we advise adding a squeeze of fresh lime juice and a bit of salt to brighten the flavors.
Recall bringing the chips! Here are the tortilla chip brands that our Test Kitchen likes most.
How can you adjust the spice level of copycat Chipotle corn salsa?
Feel free to add more jalapenos to the original Chipotle corn salsa recipe if you want it to be even hotter. Get inventive &try including one of these pepper types in the mixture.
Chipotle Corn Salsa – Video
Side dish ideas
- Crockpot Chipotle Chicken – This has a little kick!
- Mexican Shredded Beef– So good!
- BBQ Pulled Pork– You won’t believe how good this corn salsa is with the BBQ flavor!
- Tex Mex Grilled Chicken – My go to recipe!
- Fast Steak Fajitas – Long time family favorite (I was born and raised in Texas!)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken – So fresh and delicious!
- Green Chile Chicken Tacos – SO SO Good!
FAQs – Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
What kind of salsa does Chipotle use?
Let’s list them out. The dried red chilli pepper, which has earthy and flowery, fruity and fiery, smoky and sweet flavours, is its main component and what gives our favourite hot salsa its pleasantly spicy depth and complexity.
What is Chipotle’s corn salsa made of?
Corn kernels, diced onion, diced jalapeno, and chopped cilantro make up the base ingredients. Salting the corn is the next step after all the vegetables and herbs have been chopped and diced.
Is Chipotle Corn Salsa keto?
No. On a ketogenic diet, you should avoid starchy vegetables like corn. This dish comprises 16 grammes of net carbohydrates, compared to 13 grammes in Chipotle’s Roasted Chili Corn Salsa.
If you’re on a ketogenic diet, you should stick to the guacamole or other salsa selections at Chipotle (fresh tomato salsa, tomatillo-green chilli salsa, or tomatillo-red chilli salsa).
Check out this article which includes complete information about Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe
For more information about Chipotle visit their chipotle.com.
If you want to get Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe Other information then visit our website chipotlemenuprices.info.