Most likely, you’ve heard of Chipotle Barbacoa if you enjoy Mexican food. This delicious dish is renowned for its soft, juicy meat and strong tastes that will take your taste buds to Mexico.
The world of Chipotle Barbacoa, its ingredients, cooking techniques, and serving recommendations are all covered on this page.
Discover why this dish has become a global favourite among food enthusiasts as you get ready to have your senses tantalized.
Chipotle Barbacoa Recipe
Chipotle Mexican Grill is a popular fast-casual restaurant chain that is known for its high-quality, sustainably raised ingredients, including its Barbacoa.
Because of the care and quality of its food, Chipotle’s menu prices are usually more costly than most other fast-food restaurants.
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup beef broth
How to Make
- To create the marinade, combine cumin, oregano, cloves, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl, then mix in minced garlic, diced onion, and minced chipotle peppers.
- Put the beef chuck roast in a pressure or slow cooker.
- To make sure the steak is well covered, pour the marinade over it. Give it at least an hour to marinate, or overnight for the most taste.
- If using a slow cooker, simmer the meat until it is soft and falls apart easily, about 6 to 8 hours on low heat or 3 to 4 hours on high. Follow the cooking time recommendations provided by the manufacturer if using a pressure cooker.
- After cooking, remove the beef from the cooker and shred it using two forks.
- Stir well when adding the beef shreds back to the pot’s cooking liquid. To keep the food moist and improve the flavour, add beef broth as needed.
- To allow the flavours to mingle, give the shredded beef another 30 minutes to boil.
- Serve the food hot and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Depending on taste, there are several ways to enjoy Chipotle barbacoa. Here are some ideas for serving:
- Tacos: For a traditional and filling taco experience, pile heated tortillas high with sliced onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Burritos: To make a filling and savory burrito, simply place the tender meat, rice, beans, cheese, and your preferred toppings within a sizable flour tortilla.
- Nachos: To make a great dish of loaded nachos, layer tortilla chips with shredded Chipotle Barbacoa, melted cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.
- Bowls: Arrange the meat, rice, beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, and avocado slices in a colorful bowl. For a balanced and filling supper, pour some tangy sauce on top.
What To Serve With Chipotle Barbacoa?
Rice: Chipotle Barbacoa is often served with rice, either white or brown, as a base for a burrito or bowl. You can also try serving it over a bed of Mexican – style rice, such as cilantro lime rice or spicy tomato rice.
Beans: Black beans, pinto beans, or refried beans make a great accompaniment to Chipotle Barbacoa. You can serve them on the side or incorporate them into your dishes, such as in a burrito or taco.
Salsa: A flavorful salsa, such as a tomato salsa or a fruity mango salsa, can add a nice contrast to the rich, savory flavour of Chipotle Barbacoa.
Guacamole: The creamy, rich flavour of guacamole pairs well with Chipotle Barbacoa and adds a nice contrast to the spicy flavours of the dish.
Veggies: Roasted or grilled vegetables, such as bell peppers, onions, and zucchini, make a healthy and tasty accompaniment to Chipotle Barbacoa.
Queso: A creamy queso dip or sauce can add a rich, cheesy flavour to Chipotle Barbacoa and pairs well with tortilla chips or as a topping for a burrito or taco.
Corn: Grilled or roasted corn on the cob is a classic Mexican side dish that goes well with Chipotle Barbacoa. You can also try serving it as a topping for a salad or in a corn salsa.
Chipotle’s Barbacoa Meat
Chipotle’s barbacoa meat is made from braised and shredded beef that is typically seasoned with a blend of spices, including cumin, oregano and chipotle peppers.
The meat is typically slow-cooked for several hours until it is tender and flavorful. It is often served as a filling for burritos, tacos and other Mexican-inspired dishes.
Chipotle Barbacoa Nutrition
Chipotle barbacoa review
Chipotle Contact Information
Chipotle’s head office address: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., 1401 Wynkoop St Suite 500, Denver, Colorado 80202, United States
Chipotle’s head office contact number: +1-303-595-4000
Chipotle Mexican Grill Headquarters Fax Number: +1-302-674-5266
Chipotle’s customer service number: +1-303-595-4000
- Facebook Page: facebook.com/chipotle
- Instagram Account: instagram.com/chipotle
- Twitter Handle: twitter.com/chipotletweets
|News & Events
|Google Play and App Store
FAQs – Chipotle Barbacoa
What is Chipotle Barbacoa?
The beef chuck used in this Mexican barbacoa recipe is cooked slowly and thoroughly in a flavorful and spicy braising sauce until it is fork-tender and then shredded. The flavorful, acidic, and smokey aromas of the chipotles, adobo sauce, and spices are absorbed by the delicate shredded beef.
What kind of meat is the Barbacoa at Chipotle?
We go around and around. When it comes to beef, the cut is equally as important as the quality. Because the shoulder has enough fat to maintain the moisture of the meat during our lengthy braising process, our barbacoa is mostly made from these cuts which results in meat that is incredibly juicy and tender.
What is Chipotle Barbacoa vs Carnitas?
The sort of meat used determines how Barbacoa and Carnitas differ from one another. Carnitas is cooked using pork whereas Barbacoa is made with lamb or beef.
Is Chipotle Barbacoa spicy?
The spiciness of Chipotle Barbacoa ranges from mild to moderate. The meal has a light kick from the smokey chipotle peppers, but the level of spice can be changed to suit individual tastes.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Absolutely! Chipotle Barbacoa leftovers can be frozen for up to three months once they have cooled and are placed in an airtight container or freezer bag. Before reheating, let the food thaw overnight in the fridge.
What are some toppings or garnishes for Chipotle Barbacoa?
Diced onions, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, and sour cream are just a few common toppings. Additionally, feel free to use your imagination and make the toppings your own.